Are you prepared to limit dental abrasion this holiday season? Dental abrasion arises due to a heightened tooth sensitivity from harmful acids that can damage your tooth enamel. To help prevent dental abrasion, it is important to practice safe and effective treatment methods and limit your intake of extremely acidic products. For a list of tips to consider, see below:
– Use a safe and effective toothbrush that has soft bristles and a comfortable sized brush head.
– Never eat acidic foods as snacks. Instead, always consume them as part of a larger meal.
– Use toothpaste that has a low abrasive fluoride and bicarbonate in it.
– Avoid brushing your teeth immediately after consuming acidic substances. Instead, uses a less abrasive cleaning tool, such as mouthwash or sugarless chewing gum to stimulate saliva flow.
– Rinse your mouth out with water whenever you consume acidic substances.
– Visit your dentist regularly for oral exams and routine checkups.
– If you consume any foods or drinks that have a high acidic content, limit or avoid them.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us to at 865-577-7535, or stop by our office in Knoxville, Tennessee. From Dr. Robert C. Freeman and our team at Robert C. Freeman, DDS, we wish you a safe, fun, and happy Halloween!